Monday, September 14, 2020

Song Review: Hey Soul Sister by Train

 

We all have that one song. You know the one: the one that you heard all the time when you were a kid, and when you hear it now, you're treated to a burst of nostalgia. Well, mine is Hey Soul Sister by Train. I heard this all the time when I was younger, and while it wasn't one of my favorites, it was still alright enough for me to tolerate listening to. And what are my thoughts now? Yeah, removing the nostalgia goggles, Hey Soul Sister is really bad. The lyrics are absolute garbage, the song is cheesy as hell, and I have no idea what the hell Pat is doing. Oh, and he says "I'm so gangsta, I'm so thug." which is something that should never be said by Pat Monahan. However, even without the nostalgia goggles, I don't think this song is that bad. Like Body Like A Back Road, Hey Soul Sister is just so stupid, catchy, and non-self aware that it nudges to guilty pleasure territory, helped by the nostalgia. So yeah, I may be biased, but while Hey Soul Sister is not in any way good, I don't think it's one of the worst things ever. There's certainly songs I'd rather listen to less.



What are your thoughts on Hey Soul Sister? Do you absolutely loathe it, or is it a guilty pleasure? What's your one song you heard all the time when you were younger? Comment below!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts