Sunday, September 13, 2020

Song Review: I'm Ready by AJR

 

Been a while since I talked about the slice of musical heaven known as AJR, so let's talk about one of their earliest songs, I'm Ready. While a lot of people hate AJR (for reasons that still elude me), I'm Ready seems to be the song that people poke fun at the most. And while it's nowhere near as good as Bummerland, Sober Up, or Overture, I'm Ready is really great. Even though this song was one of AJR's earlier works (Jack doesn't even have his iconic hat), I'm Ready is a great song. It's catchy as hell, jazzin and fun, and the Spongebob sample is great. Also, the music video is really cool, and has a really funny ending. It may be a little repetitive, but I'm Ready is an enjoyable song, that proves that, even when they were starting out, AJR was musical heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts