Saturday, September 12, 2020

Song Review: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran

 




Since I like Perfect, adore I Don't Care, and don't mind Shape of You, you're probably wondering what Ed Sheeran songs I don't like. Well, this song is one of them. I know a lot of people like Thinking Out Loud, but in my opinion, it's one of Ed Sheeran's worst. Thinking Out Loud is one of the most boring, souless, nothing songs I've ever heard. Say what you will about Maroon 5, but when they make a song, even if it's boring sappy garbage like Sugar or Daylight, you can tell it was from them. But like Taylor Swift's I Knew You Were Trouble, Thinking Out Loud sounds like it could've been made by anyone. And while the song has an inkling of Ed's likability, it's drowned out by the immense blandness of this insipid garbage. As for the music video, it's just as boring as the song itself. I'll give it credit that it's not distasteful, like the music videos for Tunnel Vision and SAD! or disgusting like the music video for Post Malone's Rockstar, but it's still boring as hell. Ed just dancing with some random woman, which is somehow less romantic than this:


So yeah, Thinking Out Loud is boring as hell. I don't hate this song, because even an artist as great as Ed Sheeran can make a bad song every once in a while, it's harmless, and it was made in 2014, which was not a good year for music. But that doesn't mean this song isn't garbage. The fact that so many people think I Don't Care is boring, but think Thinking Out Loud is ok is a complete and utter mystery to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts