Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Song Review: Rolling In The Deep by Adele vs Someone Like You by Adele

 




As many of you probably know, I really don't like Adele. She's an artist that was made specifically to go against everything I like in music. Her songs are dark, boring, melodramatic, and grating as hell, and I just don't get the universal praise she has. But let's talk about 2 of her songs, Rolling In The Deep and Someone Like You. I actually don't mind Someone Like You, so let's start with Rolling In The Deep. While Hello is absolutely painful, Rolling In The Deep is just boring. It's basically Come With Me Now by KONGOS, with everything awesome about it stripped away. The lyrics are dull, the production is bland, and I would say that Adele is phoning it in, but that would imply that she ever didn't. So yeah, sorry. Rolling In The Deep is boring as hell, and forgettable. But if it's any consolation, Someone Like You isn't that bad. Why? Well for starters, unlike Hello, this one actually tries to tug at my heartstrings. The pianos are nice, Adele sounds nice, the lyrics are alright, and the song has a nice vibe. Not as good as Robbery, but is alright. This song gives me a bit of insight into why people love Adele so much. And while I don't think it's amazing, Someone Like You is fine. Basically, Rolling In The Deep is boring and dull, but Someone Like You is fine with me.

What are your thoughts on both of these songs, as well as Adele? Comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts