Friday, December 4, 2020

Song Review: If the World Was Ending by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels

 


So. A lot of people hate this song. Yeah, I don't. Now, unlike songs like Sunday Best and most AJR songs, which I love with a flaming passion, I'm not absolutely in love with If the World Was Ending. It's a song that's too somber and depressing to listen to on a common day. You have to be in a certain mood to like it. But when you're in that mood, it's really good. The pianos are nice, JP's voice is decent, the lyrics aren't that bad, but the real surprise is Julia Michaels. I've heard a lot of people say she sounds bad on this song, and I disagree wholeheartedly. Granted, anything would sound better when compared to Issues and Uh Huh, but even then, Michaels sounds fantastic in this song. Her voice is so nice and full of emotion. It genuinley feels sad. Whatever singing lessons she took paid off, because she sounds great. So yeah, I don't hate If the World Was Ending. Hate me all you want, but I think If the World Was Ending is a decent, albeit depressing song. Ignore the haters, and check it out.

What are your thoughts on If the World Was Ending? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts