Sunday, November 8, 2020

Song Review: Down by Jay Sean and Lil Wayne vs Sweet But Psycho by Ava Max

 



I were to pick between these songs, I would pick Sweet But Psycho. Why? Well, before we get to that, let's talk about Down. Down is really mediocre. Unlike Marian Hill's Down, which is cool and relaxing, Jay Sean's Down is really boring. It's incredibly dated, dumb, and boring. Jay Sean has no charisma, the song has little personality, and the lyrics are generic as hell. But Lil Wayne's verses are alright. His verse isn't nowhere near as good as his verses in Sucker For Pain and Be Like Me, but it is a welcome bright spot in an otherwise dated, bore-fest. Just listen to Marian Hill's Down instead. It's a million times better. But let's get to the more interesting song, Sweet But Psycho. Like I Like Me Better, Sweet But Psycho is a song that I don't entirely know what to make of. But I'm generally favorable to it. Unlike Down, the rhythm is actually interesting and catchy, Ava Max has a lot of personality and a decent voice, and while the lyrics are... really strange, I'd still take them over the generic schlock in Down. So yeah, Sweet But Psycho is alright. Easily the second best song with Psycho in the title, behind Psycho by Post Malone and Ty Dolla $ign.

What are your thoughts on these songs? Comment below!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I just realized these songs sound exactly the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down is a better pop song overall and I would pick it in a vacuum.

    But Sweet But pSycho was honestly one of the best hit pop songs of 2019. So Down is what got me into pop in the first place (rock is what I only listened to until I heard Down).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. It's honestly just my opinion. I'm still not passionately in love or in hatred with either of these songs. That's just what I think. What are your thoughts on Marian Hill's Down?

      Delete

Popular Posts