Friday, November 6, 2020

Song Review: Mixed Personalities by YNW Melly and Kanye West

 

I really don't like YNW Melly. In addition to making Murder In My Mind, a song I hate with a burning passion, he just has a seedy unlikable vibe. As for this song? Wow this is weird. Like, in a way I can't even describe. But is it good? Ummmmmmmmmmm..... Let's just get into the meat of this pile of crazy. The production? Well, it's not that bad. It has a nice poppy vibe, with a bit of funk. The singers? Kanye West is pretty good, but YNW Melly is mixed. In some parts, he sounds alright, but when he sings in that falsetto, it is ear bleeding. It sounds like Future speaking in a megaphone while being kicked in the nuts. The lyrics? Weird as hell. The song is about a couple who, I guess have multiple personality disorder, but the song is vague about it, and expresses it in such a bizarre way, with incredibly long words that aren't normally in songs, like Mentality and Penelope, and then the phrase "Say You want someone" is said repeatedly throughout the song, which WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN?!!?!!? And don't get me started on the music video. As if the song itself wasn't weird enough, we now have this bizarre music video with Robots, Grass, 3 headed green ladies, Kanye West in crotch view for some reason, and desks and chairs. Bottom line, Mixed Personalities is a completely bizarre musical anomaly. There is nothing like it. Even Y2K, bbno$, and Yung Gravy would think this song is too weird. I recommend checking out this song, purely because there's nothing like it.


What are your thoughts on Mixed Personalities, as well as the artists that made it? What's your favorite Lyrical Lemonade song? Comment below!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting review request.
    Down by Jean Sean and Lil Wayne VS Sweet But Psycho by Ava Max.
    If you've listened to both songs you know why I'm requesting a song battle against them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My next review will be Top 11 Guilty Pleasure songs. But after that, I will do Down vs Sweet But Psycho, Don't think I've forgotten.

      Delete
  2. I've only heard Sweet But Psycho, but I'll review both songs anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts