Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Song Review: Make Me (Cry) by Noah Cyrus and Labrinth



Noah Cyrus is an artist I don't care about in the slightest. Her music is insanely forgettable and boring. But surprisingly, Make Me (Cry) is really good. The beat is good, Labrinth sounds good, but the real surprise is Noah herself. She sounds fricking amazing. Her voice is very soft and sweet, and combined with the bizarre beat, it sounds really good. The lyrics are also very interesting, although I don't know why they won't say the word cry. It's just arbitrary and stupid. But this song is still really good. However, there's one part of this song that doesn't work: the production. The production is very mixed. It's all around very bizarre, but it works in some places. And in other places it sounds absolutely painful. There are points where the production is incredibly screechy and obnoxious, and it makes an otherwise good song into a painful listening expirence. But despite that glaring problem, Make Me (Cry) is a very good song, that I reccomend checking out. It's nice to see bad artists make good songs.


What are your thoughts on  Make Me (Cry)? Comment below!!!!

Special thanks to BiIvaMunner for requesting this song. 

5 comments:

  1. Huh, was not expecting a positive review.
    To be honest, I only requested this song because of the moment at 0:47, where the song pretty much jumpscares you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW, did you forget my earlier request of Pregnant Pussy by UGK?

      Delete
    2. No, I didn't. I just didn't make it yet. I'll make it soon.

      Delete
    3. I was surprised too. Most of what I've heard from Noah Cyrus was really terrible. But this was surprisingly decent.

      Delete
    4. As for the moment you were talking about, I never even noticed it until you brought it up.

      Delete

Popular Posts