Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Song Review: Turn Up The Music by Chris Brown

 


Turn Up The Music by Chris Brown is one of the most obnoxious, loud, grating pieces of music ever made. But despite that, I actually kind of like it. Now, keep in mind, there's a difference between calling a song good, and saying that you like it. For example, Me Too is not exactly a "good song", but I still like it, while When The Party's Over, despite being a good song, is not exactly one I "like". And Turn Up The Music is one of the former. On paper, it's an obnoxious piece of party drivel, that sounds like a dubstep seizure. But at the same time, it's so fun and enjoyable. Turn Up The Music is similar to Hangover in, despite the fact that it's an insanely obnoxious piece of dreck, it's fun and enjoyable enough to make its obnoxiousness bearable. As for Chris, he sounds pretty good. He's fun, enjoyable, and charismatic as hell. Bottom line, Turn Up The Music is a bizarre piece of music. It's obnoxious, grating, irritating, and idiotic, but has enough fun charismatic energy to keep me from hating it. So yeah, chalk this up to guilty pleasure territory.

What are your thoughts on Turn Up The Music? Comment below!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, basically my thoughts. I'd probably be more confident in my guilty pleasure if it wasn't a Chris Brown song.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts