Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Song Review: What's Poppin by Jack Harlow vs Ransom by Lil Tecca

 




I was originally going to talk about these songs in separate reviews, but I figure since they're both really good Lyrical Lemonade songs from 2 artists I've never heard of, I figure it appropriate to talk about them together. Let's start with What's Poppin. This song is alright. The beat is funky (I especially like the pianos), Jack Harlow has a great flow, the lyrics are clever and cool, and the music video is really good. Jack is just jammin at a restaurant with some friends. It gives the song a very cool, quirky feel. Also, there's a girl that's trying to smoke a French Fry, which is hilarious. So yeah, What's Poppin is a great song. I look forward to hearing more from Jack Harlow. Moving on to Ransom, and WOW is this song good. This is one of the best beats I've ever heard for a song. It's insanely catchy, and manages to be ominous enough to be interesting, but not enough to be uncomfortable. Also, Lil Tecca is fantastic. I like his deadpan delivery, his flow is frickin amazing, and he has a unique charisma. As for the music video? Eeeeeh. Some parts are a little uncomfortably sexual, but it's a generally cool music video. As an art lover, I especially love the drawings. They give the music video a quirky charm the way the restaurant setting in What's Poppin gave that song a quirky charm. So yeah, Ransom and What's Poppin are both fantastic songs that I recommend checking out, if you haven't already.

What are your thoughts on these songs? What's your favorite Lyrical Lemonade song? Comment below, and be sure to hit that blue follow button so you can be notified whenever I make a new post.



       
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts