Monday, October 12, 2020

Song Review: Cruise by Florida Georgia Line

 


Considering how much I can't stand bro-country, and considering that Florida Georgia Line has popped up on my worst lists a billion times, you'd probably expect me to loathe Cruise. Well...... I don't. In fact, I actually kind of like it. No, I'm not joking. Keep in mind, I'm not saying this song is good, I'm just saying that I like it. And there's a big difference. As a song itself, Cruise is the same generic bro-country nonsense that's in songs like Kick The Dust Up and This Is How We Roll. But unlike those songs, which have a rhythm as generic as their lyrics, Cruise's rythm is actually infectious and memorable. On top of that, Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley don't sound half bad in this. Unlike Meant To Be, H.O.L.Y, or This Is How We Roll, where they sound like obnoxious country frat boys, here they sound fun and enjoyable. So yeah, I don't hate Cruise. Sorry. As for the remix with Nelly:



Absolutely awesome.


What are your thoughts on Cruise, the remix or the original? Do you agree with me? Disagree? Comment Below!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts