Monday, October 26, 2020

Song Review: Let It Go by Idina Menzel

 

I have had many unpopular opinions on this blog: I listed I Don't Care as the best song of 2019, I put Don't Wanna Know on my best of 2017 list, I said The Git Up is better than Old Town Road, I put Bad Guy on my worst of 2019 list, I put The Hills on my worst of 2015 list, I put Me Too on my best list, and I put Thunder as the #1 best song of 2017. Well, we can add this gem to the pile of controversial opinions: I don't like Let It Go. Not just because of overplay, I think it is a genuinely bad song. I've said that I don't see the appeal in a lot of songs, but Let It Go takes the cake. As much as I dislike Bad Guy, Adele, and The Hills, I can see why someone would like them in a bizarre twisted sense. But I cannot understand why anyone would call this song good, much less worship it for fricking years!!!!!!! At least Despacito and Old Town Road are good songs, this is just not. And before you comment, NO! I am not going to give this song slack because it's a children's song. Why? Because it's from Disney. The songs from Disney movies are just as iconic as the movies they came from. And sure, they have bad songs once in a while, but for every "A Guy Like You" or "Say It With A Slap", there's a "Bear Necessities", or "Under The Sea", or "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" (yes, I know it came from Song Of The South, but Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah is one of the best Disney songs of all time). And even from Frozen, there were good songs. "Do you wanna build a snowman" is sweet and heartfelt, "The First Time In Forever" is fine, "Love Is An Open Door" is alright, and "In Summer" is a good comic relief song. Come to think of it, the only Frozen song that doesn't hold up, aside from Let It Go is "Fixer-Upper" but everyone agrees that one sucks, thank god. But Let It Go is one of the most bland, blah, mediocre Disney songs of all time. The production is boring, Menzel's voice is one of the most bland and generic voices since gnash and Lauren Daigle, I hate the way the chorus is sung, and the lyrics read like a bad fanfiction. I especially hate "The cold never bothered me anyway. Not since Truth Hurts and Earth have I seen a line that unfunny. And as for the positive reviews of this song, what the hell?! Every time I hear someone talk about this song, all they say is that "it's good. it's amazing" but they never say why it's good or amazing. Well, I don't think it's good or amazing. I think it's boring, mediocre, bland and awful. I really don't understand how everyone was able to form an entire subculture around this boring, mediocre pile of nothing from a movie that's aimed at fricking kids!!!!!!! If you want a children's song to worship, check out Tim Noah. His songs deserve way more attention than this hacky piece of nothing made by the most famous distributer of all time.


What are your thoughts on Let It Go? Comment below!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts