Thursday, October 15, 2020

Song Review: Magic In The Hamptons by Social House and Lil Yachty.

 

My first introduction to Social House was Boyfriend, which as you can tell from my review of it, and the fact that it was a DM on my worst of 2018 list, I did not like at all. Then I heard this song, and oh my god is it so much better than Boyfriend. Unlike Boyfriend, where nothing about it worked at all, with Magic In The Hamptons, there is nothing that doesn't work. The beat is relaxing and catchy, Social House sounds great, the lyrics are cool, and Lil Yachty is absolutely fantastic. I tend to like Lil Yachty more as a guest artist than a featured artist. Not that I hate his solo works, but he's more memorable and fun as a guest artist, in songs like Broccoli, Pretender, iSpy, and this song. Bottom line, I absolutely love Magic In The Hamptons. It's relaxing, catchy, fun, silly, and proves that Boyfriend was just a bad first impression, and that these guys have legitimate talent. The only problem? It ends too quickly.



What are your thoughts on Magic In The Hamptons? Is it better than Boyfriend? Comment below!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts